Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trees

~The calm, it washes over me; in that quiet place where I can fly free.
~Trees rustling their melancholy song; never forget to keep moving along.
~Don't falter, don't dawdle, run to the light; it's your life, it's worth the fight.
~Your strength & your peace are trapped within; selfish indulgence, embrace your sin.

Sentinal trees, looming above; what do they know of mortal love?
Seeking for answers, face tilted above; what do they know of mortal love?

~Unwaveringly strong, unbending & proud; the thoughts in my head are much too loud.
~I sit below, gazing up at the trees; their wisdom & beauty bring me to my knees.
~Their liberating song--how I wish to sing; my voice is muted, what pain it brings.
~Electric air, wind dancing with my hair; this renewed fire is too much to bear.

Sentinel trees, looming above; what do they know of mortal love?
Seeking my answers, face tilted above; what do they know of mortal love?

~The silence engulfs me, trying to mend; learn from the trees, don't give in & bend.
~Breathe it all in, can't give up & die; you'll never know unless you try.
~You are who you pretend to be; be sure that you choose carefully.
~Life is worth living--I should be dancing, but it won't wait for me; hesitate & you'll be left, waiting beneath the trees.

Sentinel trees, looming above; what do they know of mortal love?
Seeking my answers, face tilted above; what do they know of mortal love?

No comments: