Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mischeivous Angel

-Angels perch upon my shoulders; one on either side.
-Conceal your heart's secrets; from yourself you cannot hide.

-One acts as my conscience; honest, wise, & true.
-The other causes mischief, as she is wont to do.

-I fight to hold my balance, between the dark & light.
- Eternally resisting the whispering of the night.

-The vast unknown, it beckons me, to spread my wings & fly.
-To shed my skin, begin anew, & let my old self die.

-Twisting thoughts & tangled hearts; they war within my head.
-The choice is never easy; I daydream instead.

-Always treading water; trying not to drown.
-Fight so hard to keep my smile; lost within a frown.

-Attempting to stay grounded--instead I'm chasing stars.
-Seeking out life's magic; slipping between the bars.

-& that mischievous angel--she whispers in my ear.
-Full of lies & secrets, that I don't need to hear.

-She fills my head with fantasies, 'til I want to saw my wrists.
-Then I breathe in the magick; there's more to life than this.

-Scattered stars shine down on me; bathe me in their light.
-Reminding me, I too can shine, if I don't lose my fight.

-So I just keep on moving, as the battle's not yet won.
-Whenever I consult the cards, I seem to draw the sun.

-The little stars believe in me, so all is not yet lost.
-Someday I will touch them; no matter what the cost.

-& that troublesome little angel, always whispering in my ear.
-Why is she the one that is easiest to hear?

No comments: