Monday, March 31, 2008

Falling Star

~Falling stars may burn my skin, but it doesn't stop me from chasing them.

~Running beneath, face turned up to the sky; if a star hits the earth, I wonder, will it die?

~Sparks rain down, dangerously close to me; never have I witnessed something so untamed & free.

~You inspire hope, & whisper in my ear; I cup my hand & strain to hear.

~Playing with fire, you're bound to get burned; but sometimes caution is better left unlearned.

~You forget how to trust, forget how to give; I'd rather take chances than forget how to live.

~I know better, but I don't care; chase your dreams & take the dare.

~We find ourselves jaded, blind & deaf; there must be more, something left.

~The world is decaying, there's so much pain; yet I am awestruck by the rain.

~You can find beauty in the strangest of places; wonder etched in the hardest of faces.

~Unchecked grins & smiling eyes; words that survive the test of time.

~Friends that stand with you & love that won't die; stop being stubborn & open your eyes!

~It's worth the risk, lest you die in a cage; "fuck it & jump", my favorite adage.

~So I run below, clutching my open jar; I'm gonna catch a falling star.

No comments: