Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stitched Up & Silent

~Cut my tongue out, stitch up my crooked smile; I'm spoiling for a fight, better to be quiet for a while.

~The words on my lips are jagged & cruel; the kind of low blow that breaks all the rules.

~A black fallen angel, etched into my skin; I've marked myself for life, labeled for sin.

~Stubborn & proud with a jaded grin; hard-headed & angry, why do you give in?

~I see through the bullshit, I see through the lies; this life is mine & I won't compromise.

~But it's better to swallow it down to my toes; words can cut deeply, even in prose.

~Broken glass & razorblades clatter in my head; I pull them in deeper, write it down instead.

~You can't take it back, once it's been spoken; letting it out can leave you broken.

~So you choose your battles, & pick your wars; sometimes you simply close all the doors.

~Slam them shut, lock 'em up tight; turn up the noise, why bother tonight?

~Drown it all out, find the silence in your mind; hide it so well, you're impossible to find.

~Curl up with yourself, fly away on a dream; only you can hear you scream.

~To speak it out loud will only make it worse; choke it down with a silent curse.

~You're not crazy, forget the pain; maybe you're the only one who's sane?

~It doesn't matter, though you forgot to take my side; lost in myself, tonight I hide...

No comments: