Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For All the Broken Children

~Sit on the porch steps, watch the purple night fall; when will I understand it all?

~A strangling feeling creeping over me; that lost little girl just never sleeps.

~Somewhere between happiness & pain; lurking between the sunshine & rain.

~I want to scream, I want to feel; then it all becomes too real.

~A jagged blade, a biting kiss; close your eyes & feel this.

~Some call me crazy, but I'm not listening; even though the tears are glistening.

~You say I'm not damaged, tell me I'm not broken; softer words were never spoken.

~There must be a place for me to belong; always replaying the same tired song.

~Drowning in feeling, fly me away; if only to dance in another blue day.

~A jagged blade, a biting kiss; close your eyes & feel this.

~Crank up the music, those deep soulful dirges; wrap them around me & snuff out the urges.

~Protect my heart, hide behind words; set them free...soaring birds.

~Cast them out & let my face shine; light a fire that's only mine.

~Take in the night air, breathe it in deeply; find a way to scream discretely.

~A jagged blade, a biting kiss; close your eyes & feel this.

No comments: