Friday, May 2, 2008

Tell Me

~Tell me, do you believe in love? Do you think it's really real?

~Or is it just a fantasy; something that we long to feel?

~Will it make you invincible? Build you up & make you fly?

~Or will it leave you feeling broken, lost with tears welling in your eyes?

~Tell me, are you feeling strong? Content & happy, am I wrong?

~Or does it leave you feeling weak, wondering how you got so meek?

~Am I naive & idealistic? Nothing is ever that simplistic.

~Nothing is ever just black & white; there's always more than wrong & right.

~Tell me, can you conquer the world? As long as you're together, just you & your girl?

~Nothing that you cannot do, as long as it's the two of you?

~Are we all looking to be loved? For that one person to lift you above?

~Or will it only tear you down, leave you feeling like a clown?

~Tell me-- is there hope? Or have I been had? I'm discouraged, small & sad.

~Is there room for faith? Or have we all lost it? Look at all it's gone & cost us.

~The songs & movies, they all lied. They left you conficted & twisted inside.

~I thought nothing could stop us, you & me. But the weight is heavy, & I can't breathe.

No comments: